Small Group Yoga Classes - Led by Autumn Bonner
Upcoming Classes - $70.00 registration for all 6 weeks. $15.00 drop-in rate - please call 24 hrs ahead to ensure availability.
Foundation Series - July 11th - August 22nd. (no class July 18th). Tuesdays 5:30-6:45 PM.
Interested in going to group yoga classes or starting a sun salutation practice at home? This class is catered for you. Learn how to modify poses and movements to your body's needs, with a primary focus on stability in standing and balance postures as well as slow flow sequences.
All levels are welcome. Chairs, props, and walls will be used to make the class accessible for all.
Consider signing up if you would like:
- Community support as well as skilled practitioner knowledge to complement current therapy or to transition from therapy treatment.
- To restore spine and joint mobility
- To feel stronger in your core and balance with confidence
- Practice with restorative postures and breathing for relief from pain or discomfort
To sign up, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 608-250-1775.
Yoga is an ancient life system of health that promotes ‘union’ and connects body, mind, and breath as one unit, therefore enhancing and promoting an overall balanced lifestyle of health and well-being. When applied with the help of a skilled therapist, it is an ideal tool for resolving acute or chronic injury and states of imbalance.
Medical Therapeutic Yoga (MTY) is evidence-based practice of yoga in medicine, used exclusively by licensed health care professionals with the Professional Yoga Therapy Institute (PYTI). PYTI is the longest standing international model for clinical and public health education in yogic medicine for licensed medical providers and their assistants. MTY provides a safe and effective approach, using a biopsychosocial model, that promotes self efficacy and self healing.
With Physical Therapy
Autumn can provide Medical Therapeutic Yoga techniques, when appropriate, as a component of your Physical Therapy evaluation and treatment.
On a Consultation Basis
Autumn does offer yoga services as well on an out-of-pocket, consultation basis. This may be a good fit for you if:
- You are already seeing a physical therapist, occupational therapist, or chiropractor for your condition
- You do not have an injury or condition requiring therapy but would like to improve your knowledge of your body’s needs during a yoga practice