Medical Therapeutic Yoga Small Group Class - Led by Autumn Bonner
Ongoing Class: Tuesdays 5:30 - 6:45 PM (*No class on May 1, 2018)
The Tuesday night classes are catered to the individual, and include restorative breathing, stretching, subtle strengthening on the floor, as well as gentle standing or chair sequences.
$110.00 for a 10 class pass or $15.00 drop-in rate.
All levels are welcome. Chairs, props, and walls will be used to make the class accessible for all.
Consider signing up if you would like:
- Community support as well as skilled practitioner knowledge to complement current therapy or to transition from therapy treatment.
- To restore spine and joint mobility
- To feel stronger in your core and balance with confidence
- Practice with restorative postures and breathing for relief from pain or discomfort
As this is a small group class and space is limited, please reserve your spot ahead of time by filling out the below information.
Yoga is an ancient life system of health that promotes ‘union’ and connects body, mind, and breath as one unit, therefore enhancing and promoting an overall balanced lifestyle of health and well-being. When applied with the help of a skilled therapist, it is an ideal tool for resolving acute or chronic injury and states of imbalance.
Medical Therapeutic Yoga (MTY) is evidence-based practice of yoga in medicine, used exclusively by licensed health care professionals with the Professional Yoga Therapy Institute (PYTI). PYTI is the longest standing international model for clinical and public health education in yogic medicine for licensed medical providers and their assistants. MTY provides a safe and effective approach, using a biopsychosocial model, that promotes self efficacy and self healing.
With Physical Therapy
Autumn can provide Medical Therapeutic Yoga techniques, when appropriate, as a component of your Physical Therapy evaluation and treatment.
On a Consultation Basis
Autumn does offer yoga services as well on an out-of-pocket, consultation basis. This may be a good fit for you if:
- You are already seeing a physical therapist, occupational therapist, or chiropractor for your condition
- You do not have an injury or condition requiring therapy but would like to improve your knowledge of your body’s needs during a yoga practice
See our YouTube page for some additional Medical Therapeutic Yoga resources